A number of years in the past, Russia organized a contest to pick out seven wonders of Russia. Everybody was ready to participate on this ballot by providing Russia's most lovely locations. Listed here are the winners of this competitors:
1. Baikal Lake in Irkutsk Oblast. That is, the truth is, a pure gem that was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Website in 1996. Baikal Lake is the deepest water on the earth (1,637 meters), the oldest water on the earth (25 million years) the biggest freshwater utility (which holds as much as 20% of the world's provide). Over 1,000 species of vegetation and 1,500 species of animals reside on this space and 85% of them are discovered solely right here.
2. Geysersdalur in Kamchatka Krai. That is the one geyser of Eurasia and the second largest on the earth. It’s about 6 km lengthy and incorporates over ninety geysers and sizzling springs. This greenback has additionally been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Website. This breathtaking place is actually value a go to, however the issue is that it is vitally tough to succeed in, being accessible solely by helicopters.
three. The motherland requires monuments and Mamayev Kurgan in Volgograd Oblast. This place could be very vital for Russia: one of the crucial critical battles of the Second World Warfare was held right here and Soviet troops held this strategic place with a hero and fought the German forces. Now this hill overlooks town of Volgograd with the Motherland Calls monument on the prime. When the monument was erected in 1967, it was the tallest sculpture on the earth.
four. Peterhof Palace in St. Petersburg. Peterhof is a collection of palaces and gardens constructed based on the directions of Peter the Nice. Also known as the "Russian shops" or "capital fountains" containing 180 fountains. This cultural masterpiece can also be acknowledged as a UNESCO World Heritage Website.
5. Saint Basil Cathedral in Moscow. That is actually essentially the most lovely cathedral in Russia situated within the coronary heart of Moscow, on the Pink Sq.. It was eroded throughout the reign of Ivan's reign, and the legend says that the king blinded the architect so he couldn’t recreate this masterpiece elsewhere.
6. Poles within the Komi Republic . This can be a set of seven oddly formed rock formations which are roughly 40 meters excessive. This website is just not well-known internationally however it’s standard with Russian vacationers.
7. Elbrusfjall . That is an inert volcano, Russia's highest level and a few governments take into account it the best level in all of Europe. Yearly, it attracts crowds of skiers, snowboarders, nature lovers and vacationers from all around the world.
eight. Lomonosov Moscow State College – Largest and Largest Russian College in Sparrow Hills.
9. Sparrow Hills – a park on the banks of the Moscow River. It is among the highest factors in Moscow that provides a spectacular view of town.
10. The Kremlin – a historic fortified advanced situated within the heart of Moscow, which is the official residence of the President of Russia.
Supply by Anastasia Petrusheva